BCAPI is Dedicated to Breaking the Intergenerational Cycle of Poverty in Saint John.
We hope you will join us in this pursuit.
Today in Saint John more than 20 per cent of residents, 25 per cent of children, and50 per cent of single parent families live in poverty. Join the Business Community Anti-Poverty Initiative (BCAPI)in the effort to substantially reduce poverty in Saint John.
BCAPI’s size means it can operate very efficiently to affect change in our community. The money we receive allows BCAPI to yield real results. The impact even a small contribution makes is tremendous.
Our approach is to research and address the root causes of poverty in our community and acquire the assets necessary to break the intergenerational cycle. Over the last decade, BCAPI has made important strides. Our work has contributed directly or indirectly to:
- Helping reduce poverty in Saint John from 27% (1996) to 20.8% (2006) ~ Source: Statistics Canada.
- Serving as a catalyst for New Brunswick’s first Poverty Reduction Plan.
- Playing a pivotal role in innovative partnership programs and projects.
- Spearheading the inaugural ACTIVATE conference for business leaders across New Brunswick.
- Championing government policy improvements to remove the welfare wall.
We have achieved much and grown since our inception in 1997 using available resources. However, we still need the ongoing support of professionals, organizations, and businesses for BCAPI to continue the valuable work set out in BCAPI’s strategy plan.
Your support to BCAPI can come in many forms. Please download our full sponsorship package here [PDF] .